Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty UO

• Please log in to reply

WeeJim

WeeJim

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys, new to this forum.
Been having trouble getting my fps up to 125. I have a Nvidia Geforce agp 6800 ultra 256mb. I know it can handle it but wont let me change settings,, at mo sits at 60 fps. if i reset cvar and change fps it works but only until i restart then it has reset to 60. Any ideas? please please please lol

Thanx

Jim.

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
You Could Try Overclocking but could lead to malfunction

Download The Latest driver here if needed: http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_77.72.html

thats the latest driver from Nvidia u will need it

WeeJim

WeeJim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've got the latest driver thanx m8, I think its a call of duty command rather than the card as the refresh rate will go to 125 no problem if I reset cvars! but goes back to normal again after restart.
Thanks for your help though m8 :tazz:

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I don't really see why everone is looking for fps in the hundreds or installing crazy expensive video cards to get higher fps. Scientificly, the human eye can only process 25 fps or so, so if you got around 50 i don't see why you need to spend money for more stuff just to get better fps. Mine is at around 70 when I play medal of honour, and it stays fairly consistent. Could someone explain why having 400 fps is better than 70fps?

WeeJim

WeeJim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had a fx5200 card and wanted to upgrade!!! way i see it if i gonna change graphics I wanted a card to last the pc and handle new games as they come out.
Also in call of duty with a fps 120 you are able to make jumps that are impossible with anything below. Simple. Not just a simple case of running smooth! it also shows alot more detail and gives you less lag when up against some1 going 1-1 on ya!!! lol also when in a clanbase league as tesco's say "Every Little Helps!"

Ok?

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I get ya now, never thought about the old video cards not runnin the modern day games.