Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1

• Please log in to reply

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*
I really like this program!! not bad for microsoft ;) i strongly suggest this program!! Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1 :tazz:

Edited by matthuffy, 06 July 2005 - 09:13 AM.

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
1) Microsoft didnt make it
2) There are better 3rd party ones, that have spent years of gaining trust, from the public. Like Ad-Aware & spy-bot search and destroy.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
correct microsoft didn't make it. they bought GIANT Software. Prior to MS they liscened thier software to several other companies including Sunbelt.

It does work well. although you have to pay attention to the various default actions, for example claria is set to ignore. The active protection works pretty well.

They just release an update. seems a bit buggy. I have had to remove and reinstall it on one or two systems.

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

correct microsoft didn't make it.  they bought GIANT Software.  Prior to MS they liscened thier software to several other companies including Sunbelt.

It does work well.  although you have to pay attention to the various default actions, for example claria is set to ignore.  The active protection works pretty well. 

They just release an update.  seems a bit buggy.  I have had to remove and reinstall it on one or two systems.

View Post

well, whether microsoft made it or not, i still think it is a great program (you mentioned bugs, well that is why it is called a beta :tazz: but i think the final release will be cool! it has cleaned my computer great, found many things that ad-aware did not, deleted everything that i selected (Unlike ad-aware) and has great protection (unlike ad-aware) don't get me wrong i like ad-aware i have always used it but now it has gone straight into the bin ;)

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The version of we have is a Beta version, dose any one know if the next version will be free? or weather it has just been a big pull you into buying it to fix the problems that they madey createding holes in there software?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, microsoft will be providing it for free. Where I work at we are already preparing to roll out the product for internal beta testing after ms confirmed for us that is would be free.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Claria is set to ignored to the new version of MSAS 'cause Microsoft is going to buy Claria anyway.
I don't use it because it's beta - I don't use it because Microsoft develops it - I don't use it because it has some problems with removal. (Such as removal of New.net)
I simply don't trust it.

- Rawe :tazz:

Ad-aware/SpyBot/Antivirus/firewall/SpywareBlaster keeps me going.