Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgraded from ME to XP PRO & SP 2

• Please log in to reply

baddabing

baddabing

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I've just installed XP Pro and have updated drivers for hardware etc and all seems to be well. Luckily I got some drivers for my modem prior to installation - without doing that I would have been in trouble as they weren't on my installation disc. :tazz:

Anyway so far so good but i ran into a bit of a slight hiccup because after installing service pack 2 it wouldnt let me access the internet although my modem was working fine.... ;)

I used to be using AVG Free edition which i uninstalled and Zone labs firewall which is still on pc.

So I uninstalled SP2 and now I have internet access back...hmmm

Any ideas how to get over this?

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Reinstall your modem drivers or reinstall sp2 and then reinstall modem drivers.

Emery