Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dynex DX-M100 Modem

• Please log in to reply

Bodecia

Bodecia

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just installed a Dynex 56K Data/Fax/Voice Modem (Model DX-M100). It's working just fine - I can access the internet and fax. It's supposed to have a feature called "Modem on Hold" that allows me to take brief telephone calls without logging off the internet, but it's not working that way. I tried calling myself (using my cell phone) and got the usual busy signal. The documentation that came with the modem and the CD don't address this issue (or any troubleshooting issue for that matter). Does anyone else have this modem installed and know what's wrong? I have Windows XP on my computer.

Any help is appreciated. <_<

CJ

Advertisements

e_sfla

e_sfla

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Have you resolved the issue with net waiting? You have described my problem perfectly. The support is non-existent. Maybe one of these guys will come up with a fix. Some of them are pretty smart.

Bodecia

Bodecia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Have you resolved the issue with net waiting? You have described my problem perfectly. The support is non-existent. Maybe one of these guys will come up with a fix. Some of them are pretty smart.

View Post

Unfortunately, no solution yet. I keep hoping because I know there are still some hits on my question. I can't even find any support on the internet for Dynex modems. Please let me know if you get an answer.

e_sfla

e_sfla

• Pip
  • 5 posts

View Post

Unfortunately, no solution yet. I keep hoping because I know there are still some hits on my question. I can't even find any support on the internet for Dynex modems. Please let me know if you get an answer.

View Post

Try this link and also when you get there try the software download.

http://www.dynexproducts.com/faqs/

Ed M

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
do you have call waiting on your phone line?
must of the modem on hold need to set up by using your call waiting
when you set up the modem and online ISP did you put in the *70 to shut off your call waiting?
<_<

Bodecia

Bodecia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi
    do you have call waiting on your phone line?
must of the modem on hold need to set up by using your call waiting
when you set up the modem and online ISP did you put in the *70 to shut off your call waiting?
<_<

View Post

I don't have call waiting on my home phone. Is that what's wrong and why the modem doesn't work the way it's supposed to? Nothing in the manual or help guide says anything about having to have call waiting. If that's the problem, then I guess I'm outta luck. Thanks for the replies and the help anyway.

:D

e_sfla

e_sfla

• Pip
  • 5 posts
did you try www.dynexproducts.com
there is a download page and fag's page <_<

Bodecia

Bodecia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

did you try www.dynexproducts.com
there is a download page and fag's page <_<

View Post

I did look at the FAQ and downloads before I posted to this website, but the information is the same as what came with my modem. It doesn't specifically address how to get the modem on hold feature to work or why mine isn't working.

russo

russo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
DYNEX modem :tazz: I've got the PCMCIA DX-M200. Guess what? These V.92 modems do not come bundled with Modem-On-Hold software. The Dynex driver page only provides drivers. Way to go Dynex!

I called tech support...and I quote, "What's Modem-On-Hold? We have V.92." Yeeeah, ;)

V.92 modems need additional software, plus call waiting to accomplish this highly touted function. I notice that the BOX and the MANUAL for the modem make no mention of MOH functionality. It's usually mentioned elsewhere as a function it is CAPABLE of performing. Yep, it's capable of it....they just don't have the software for it.

It's not like MOH is a new amazing complicated technology. :thumbsup:

I have had similar difficulty with other v.92 modems but eventually was able to find MOH software online. They were Conexant and Agere/Lucent chipset modems. These are Intel chipset. MOH software seems to be pretty specific to chipset.

Bottom line: Dynex does not support this function. You'll have to keep looking and/or waiting for the MOH software you need. :cheers:

Bodecia

Bodecia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the info Russo. However, I still have the box at home and it specifically says it includes Modem on Hold function. That's the reason I got the darn thing. Oh well, just another case of false advertising. Hopefully people on this list will check out the subject before bying a Dynex product. Don't believe everything they print on the box. :mad:

On the other hand, it's a good way to keep my online expeditions short.

Advertisements

russo

russo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Bode, interesting that the PCI box advertises MOH while the PCMIA box does not. No matter.

My mighty V.90 modem doesn't drop the line when call waiting blips, so I've added +PCW=1 to the initialization string for the V.92 modem. =0 enables MOH, =1 hangs up on call waiting blip. At least I'm getting my phone calls.

lovetour

lovetour

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just came across the solution to getting Modem On Hold functionality for at least the Dynex DX-M100 internal modem (may work for the USB modem too).

This Modem uses the intel chipset, and software that's compatible can be downlaoded from another modem maker at this URL:

http://www.xpressame...ModemOnHold.exe

You do need call waiting on your line, of course, and make sure that your internet dialer is not configured to disable call waiting (It should NOT dial *70 before your call.)

There are also links for maintaining the latest driver software for this chipset where I found this link... Check it out:

http://www.modemhelp...3?threadid=2477

Asa

russo

russo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Nope, that MOH software from BVSP doesn't work for the MX-200.
It says "There is no supported modem installed."

A3D

A3D

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes, you must have call waiting on your phone line, but make sure that your ISP also supports the V.92 connection. Call support to check.

One list of ISPs that support V.92, MOH, and the V44 compression is http://www.modemsite.../56k/v92isp.asp

Good Luck

russo

russo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My ISP supports V92, and MOH worked just fine for the desktop with a PCI modem using the Lucent chipset.

Also, with the proper init string I mentioned above, you can instruct the modem to drop the line when call waiting flashes, so you don't miss phone calls.

But MOH? Let's face it. Vaporware for Dynex.