Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Technology Sucks

• Please log in to reply

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Ok, a while ago I bought a wireless-g game adapter for my brother's XBOX in the room across from mine. In my room is the wireless a/b/g router and PC. Here's a diagram:

BRO'S ROOM - MY ROOM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XBOX----Game Adapter))))))))))))))))) ///HALL/// (((((((Router-----PC

Now, the IP address range on my router is 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.149 and I set the Game adapter to have the same SSID as my router (Henry Home) and gave it auto sets the IP to 192.168.1.205. I got into the Game adapters settings and changed it to "Get and IP from DHCP" and it did. Also, in the game adapter config, i told it to connect to my router. I applied the settings and then unplugged the game adapter from comp (you have to set it up from the comp) and then brought it to the xbox, plugged it all in, and it tells me that it cant connect. THIS IS SO F***ING annoying! I WANT TO CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE. I HATE LINKSYS.

TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Advertisements