Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd-rw drive problems helpppppppppppp

• Please log in to reply

18chelitos

18chelitos

• Pip
  • 7 posts
my cd-rw drive is new and am using roxio 7 and also nero 6.6, the cd-rw drive appears but when i put a music cd or try to burn or try to play music from a cd it doesn't appear what can be the problem. helpppppppppppppppppppppp

Edited by 18chelitos, 06 July 2005 - 08:21 PM.

Advertisements

gtippery

gtippery

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
What OS? Is autoinsert notification turned on?

What make and model of drive? Have you loaded the drivers?

IDE, or other connection? Is any other drive on the same controller?

Have there been any other optical drives installed before, and are there any now?

The drive "appears" where? In Roxio, or in Windows Explorer, or Device Manager, or somewhere else?

The CD "doesn't appear" where? Any of the above, or doesn't pop up a window when inserted?

Does Roxio's Drive Information work? Disk Information/Properties? (I don't know what it's called in v.7; I have v.6).

18chelitos

18chelitos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well i had a different burner in the same drive before and a regular cdrom.
well the drive appears on the My Computer folder but it doesn't show what am trying to play or burn it just shows the drive. it also shows up in the device manager and it says its working properly. I don't know what to do is it because i had a previous burner and a regular cdrom.

i sure do apreciate everybodys help thank you

gtippery

gtippery

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

well i had a different burner in the same drive before and a regular cdrom.
well the drive appears on the My Computer folder but it doesn't show what am trying to play or burn it just shows the drive. it also shows up in the device manager and it says its working properly. I don't know what to do is it because i had a previous burner and a regular cdrom.

i sure do apreciate everybodys help thank you

View Post

As you didn't answer the rest of the questions, I'll only address this point.

Sometimes Windows gets confused when you've replaced a drive, etc. and tries to use the wrong one. Boot to Safe Mode, go to Device Manager and open "CD and DVD drives" (or something like that -- I'm on a Win98 machine at the moment). Delete all the old devices, or just to be sure, all the devices. Check the drive controller entry or entries, too -- I can't be more specific with the information you've given. Shutdown and reboot to standard mode, and if it asks, reload the new driver.

If you're still stuck, get back with the other requested information.