Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

guild wars help

• Please log in to reply

tigersvain

tigersvain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi, i'm tryin to run guild wars, but its just laggy enuff that it would get annoying, i think its my ram thats really buggin it, i have all the settings turned down to lowest and everything, anyway i can free up some memory before goin into the game , heres my specs

Intel celeron 1ghz
256mb sdram
ati radeon 9250 128mb pci (no agp slot)

if anything else is needed just ask, any help what so ever would be appreciated thnks a bunch

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
ok, I checked the specs on guildwars.com. you are fine on the specs. however since you are running a celeron instead of a full pIII I would suggest seeing if you could upgrade your processor. With the improved floating point and integer performance that would be the best bet.

tigersvain

tigersvain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
what would you recommend, i'm kinda cheap at the moment (no job) so i'm limited for cash, so something cheap but would do the trick

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well I would look at the local pc shops and see what they have In used processors that would work with your system. I would imagine it would be on the cheap. probably something like 30 bucks (dollars) to maybe 50. I haven't looked but places like pricewatch and ebay should give you an idea of price.

Why I recomend local is that they can make sure you get a quality product that will work with your system.

starjax

tigersvain

tigersvain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yeah sounds good might do that, in my price range :tazz: hehehe, only one problem though, if i was to say look on ebay, i'm not completely sure what i would be lookin for , like that would work with my system

tigersvain

tigersvain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yeah sounds good might do that, in my price range :tazz: hehehe, only one problem though, if i was to say look on ebay, i'm not completely sure what i would be lookin for , like that would work with my system

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
thats why I said a local pc shop. pricewatch said 55....

tigersvain

tigersvain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
kk thnx man, i'll see what i can dig up, lol

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Maybe get a job. Thats how I started to afford good parts