Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Step 2 of the Cannot Renew your IP Address.

• Please log in to reply

Tazzz

Tazzz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I recently had trouble with the Limited or No Connectivity / Cannot renew your IP Address.

Well, I fixed that but now a new problem has risen. I am running on a wired network (How primative) with 3 Computers Currently running on the network. The host computer (Has the DSL and Stuff), a second computer and my computer down the hall. My computer was the only one on the network that has no internet.

After fixing the IP Address manually it said that my computer was working again, one problem. The network was sending 0 Packets and Receiving aroung 250-300. The host computer is sending and receving over 5,000-6,000. Im not sure what that means.

My computer is Windows XP Home SP2, Host Computer is the same. Please help :tazz:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
so are you on the internet and are you using DHCP or static ip address
cable may be primitive but still fastest

Edited by peterm, 06 July 2005 - 10:38 PM.

Tazzz

Tazzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So can anybody help me? I will try to get a screen shot.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
did you read my reply?

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
First off like the previous poster said. Are you set to obtain an ip automatically or have you entered them in your self.

If set to obtain auto then please go to your command prompt and do an ipconfig. Please post what kind of IP adress you are getting. Depending on the type of router that is being used you will probably be getting a 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x adress range. Please reply back with more information and we can TS further.

Tazzz

Tazzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I manually configured it. Now it says im connected but I can't access the internet.

I also un-installed and re-installed all the network hardware.

Nothing seems to work ;)

:tazz:

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
It looks like maybe you arent understanding what we are asking you.

First id like you to go into control panel and go to network connections. Once there right click on Local Area Connection. Left click properties. Once in here highlight Internet Protocol TCP/IP and select properties. Both Dots should be set to obtain automatically. If they are not you need to set them to this.

Again we come to the way your ISP requires you to connect. You need to find out if they require you to connect DHCP, Static, or PPPoE. Do these steps and find this information and report back here.

goddessxx

goddessxx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
HOW DID U SOLVE UR FIRST PROBLEM?! I NEED HELP!