Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loss of User profile, inability to change desktop

• Please log in to reply

Johio

Johio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i did as you said and changed it from referencing Joshua.000 back to Josh, and when i restarted it took at least 10 minutes to logon and then my desktop was empty again.

however, when I'm not running in safe mode it seems like my video resolution is at 640x480 and the colors are all washed out and faded. This happened after a restart yesterday, but earlier today it loaded up with normal colors and resolution, but now its back to booting up faded and huge again. But like I said in safe mode the video is normal.

I really don't need the profiles any more, i just need to fix these problems. I just think they're probably related. Any more ideas?

Advertisements