Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD Burner Question

• Please log in to reply

regelos

regelos

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I was given a 150.00 gift card to bestbuy for my birthday.. and I was wondering your suggestions what you think the best DVD burner I chould buy there >For under 150.00 would be

http://www.bestbuy.c...ory&id=cat01041

should show you all the have to offer.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
I can give direct experience advice on this but in general you can't go wrong with Plextor though you may want to wait and see what other opinions arise....

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I've had favorable results with Sony, Plextor and AOpen.

Never had a problem with any of them. :tazz:

I'd stay far away from Optiwrite, and HP isn't one I'd use.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
plextor is the brand to get if you will be doing a lot of burning. the drives are rock solid and last for years. the specs on that model look decent enough too, so it would be the best choice.
Given the options presented from best buy there, and the amount on the gift card, go with the plextor!

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Plextor is a good burner, but I think that NEC is a better VALUE. See if you can use that 150 on something else other than a burner at BB, and then I would look at some NEC (the ND-3520A is very good at only about 55 bucks online) burners, and if you need external, you can get a USB enclosure for it at about 15. Or, search for seller "narro" on ebay. You get a good price on an NEC burner with an enclosure. (The specs are 16x dual layer and just as good a others.) But like I said, if you have nothing else to get at bestbuy, then the Plextor is a good quality decision.