Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error!

• Please log in to reply

Steph_M

Steph_M

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi, okay I wiped out my computer last night cause it was just messed up, before doing so I burnt all my music on to a data cd cause I didnt want to lose it. When I reinstalled Windows I put the music back on the computer now everytime I try to go into it I get this error message.
Micorosoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program:c:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.
and when I click okay it closes so I cant get to all my music can anybody please help I need my music :tazz: Thank You

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What program do you use to listen to music?

Where did you get this music?

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I use Microsoft Media Player 10, and I got most of the music from BitTorrent. The music worked fine before I wiped out my computer, and now the problem is I cant even open the My Music floder thats when I get the error message not when I try and play a song cause I cant even get that far.

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
you know what... I can still listen to them if I go through the Media player Library, but I still cant get into the folder their in.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ahhh....

let's try the simple thing first.....let's assume it's a corrupt icon

download MS Powertoys for XP, get tweakui, install.

Now open it, go to the REPAIR section, and choose MY MUSIC FOLDER,and hit repair button

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
where do I download that from?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
google is your friend :tazz:

http://www.microsoft...ppowertoys.mspx

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
okay... I downloaded that and when I go to install it im getting this error message "TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." whats that? whot do I do?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It sounds like you have a botched up windows install.

How exactly did you reinstall windows?

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
umm... okay.. I did it the same way I always do, (and im not sure what that is unless im doing it. lol) I put in my windows disk then do boot from cd, then I have the option of repair windows and reinstall (or something) and something else. so I do the reinstall or new install (not sure what its called) then i think it asks me where i want to install it so I delete the partion(?) thats there and then when thats done I install the window on that? does that make any sence?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes, makes perfect sense.

It sounds like a problem from the very beginning. If it were me, I would clean the cd in warm soapy water and reinstall as you did...Windows Setup does fail sometimes.

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
warm soapy water? that wont hurt it? and you think I gotta reinstall it cant just repair? i already put a bunch of crap back on. :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
a repair would not hurt....

warm soapy water should not harm a cd--a cleaner might....I'm not saying put it in the dishwasher---just clean it off :tazz:

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
lol. no need for the attitude :tazz: I just thought soap would hurt it, but what ever you say. I trust you. okay so I will try a repair first and let you know what happens, might not be able to do it till later tonight though. Thank You

Steph_M

Steph_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Oh and you were helping me before and you gave me some new drivers for sound or video and stuff I was looking through the old post to try and find them but I couldnt, I may just be blind but do you think you could help with that again?