Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Cleanup

• Please log in to reply

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
When I got my computer, I found out that I did not have disk clean up....Is that ok? I have had my computer for about 3 - 4 years I think.

I have noticed that in my Registry Editor, there are some programs in there that I have downloaded long time ago and uninstalled them long time ago too...and are in the registry editor....is that ok???? or does it take up space in my computer too???

like messengers, kazaa, stuff like that...and some look like adware,spyware or something...and i do have an adware remover.....

is there anything i can do??? <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

When I got my computer, I found out that I did not have disk clean up....Is that ok?

That's normal. Only XP has disk cleanup.

I have noticed that in my Registry Editor, there are some programs in there that I have downloaded long time ago and uninstalled them long time ago too...and are in the registry editor....is that ok????

Likely they aren't causing any harm, and taking very little space. If they really bother you, we don't recommend editing your registry, but there are a number of free registry cleaners available.