Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

message from my computer

• Please log in to reply

mamichelle

mamichelle

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have Windows XP and when I turn on my computer or go on the internet, a message comes up from MSMSGS.exe.BAD IMAGE and it states" The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\senapi.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation disk. I really don't know what this means. I did a search on my computer for this file and found nothing. I got this computer second hand, so I do not have the installation disk.
:tazz:
Can anyone help me????? Thanks in advance

Edited by mamichelle, 07 July 2005 - 03:52 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
In OEM installations the files are copied to the diak as image files, the equivalent of .iso files, even though the file extension may be different from .iso. The image files can be checked for validity using a simple checksum algorithm and for your computer that image didn't pass the test. It really means that you should repair that particualr file.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Tyger, don't take this wrong, but...huh???

Senapi.dll is not a Microsoft File and is not something MS Messenger should be using.

Do you use MS Messenger?

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just deleted ms messenger. How do I get rid of the message coming up every time I turn on my computer or go on the internet????

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what do you mean, you just deleted it?

mamichelle

mamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
sorry, what I meant was I just removed it from my computer and after I restarted my computer the problem was solved. Thank you for your time and advice!!!!!!