Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound

• Please log in to reply

icywhite2008

icywhite2008

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a HP pavilion vf52. I recently started my computer and found that I had no sound. I have uninstalled the Realtek AC97 Audio driver, and when I restart my computer Windows picks it back up. Still no sound. I have checked my chords, checked my master volume and device driver settings. I have noooo clue what is going on. Does anyone know why my sound would have just disappeared like that or how in the world I can get it to function properly again? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Check Onboard AC97 Controller Mode in BIOS ---Auto or Disabled

It is under Integrated Peripherals

Verify that it in auto ... escape & save BIOS

Jack123

icywhite2008

icywhite2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thank you so much for your quick response Jack! I hate to say it but I have no idea what you said though :tazz: Is there any other way you could explain it to help me out? I'm really sorry I'm just blank right now. Thank you for your help again! ;)

icywhite2008

icywhite2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
;) Ok I figured out the problem. My speaker chord was just a tiiiiny bit unplugged from the back of my monitor. I did check that first, but it was out such a small amount that I didn't notice. I apologize for the mix-up, but thank you so much Jack for your help in this matter. Thanks again, sorry. :tazz:

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Just a note anyway, Realtek AC97 Audio will re-appear even when restarting your computer because it is a malware entry!

It will have to be removed by Hijack This! Please go to the MALWARE forum and ask for further assistance there!

Good Luck! :tazz:

Werner

icywhite2008

icywhite2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks Werner! I'm sure there's alot of malware on here that I'm missing. It seems like every time I scan and remove and I have more on here. I'm going to post my HJT log in the malware section and see what the problem is. Thanks so much for the advice and help!! :tazz:

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
No problem, always glad to help! :tazz: