Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

making PC designs(software?)

• Please log in to reply

tm1036

tm1036

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am looking for software(?) which I want to use to make designs much the same as Mickey Mouse, or comic book characters. May be suitable for inkjet printers, etc.

Or, how about inter-active designing?
I have some parts of designs which I'd like to merge to make 1 design.
Can someone help me find this type of software.

Is there a printer that will enlarge and not lose resolution?

I have a pentium 2, but will be upgrading, since I can only use windows 98 now.

Edited by tm1036, 07 July 2005 - 07:38 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok you are asking for to much. Its to general to answer your questions. I think you need to do some more research. there are all kinds of software from photoshop to full blown 3d rendering apps. In fact you might even find (if you are very serious about this) that a mac might even be better.

on the pc side I would get the faster pc you can afford. as much memory as you can afford.

I would also recomend a nice tablet (wacomm for example) to work with.

you could start with gimp for example if its for still art. or go with some really expensive software.

it all depends on what you want to do and the direction you want to go

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're planning on drawing you'll need a tablet type drawing device as well....because mice suck for clean llines