Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Port Forwarding for Dlink router

• Please log in to reply

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Yea, I have the Dlink DI 524 and i have 3 other comps running off it besides the main one. I play CS only on the main one and i get bad lag. I was told to Forward the ports. Can you guys help me and lead me how to do that? Thanks for any help u can give me

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
In the documentation for the game that you are playing, you should find information pertaining to the ports that the game uses to run. You should also have documentation on your router as to how to get into it. Once in the router, you will want to do Port Forwarding on the ports that were specified in the game documentation. You will need port number(s), Protocol (TCP/UDP/BOTH), IP to forward it to(your machines IP address) and enable it. Once changes are applied, you should be ok given the ports are the problem.

Greazy Mcgeezy

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
http://support.dlink...ort forward#604