Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Driver

• Please log in to reply

unknown error

unknown error

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well ive been here quite a few times in the past months :tazz:.

Im having problems loading my ATI video drivers. I start up it boots fine then it begins to load windows and bam the blue screen of death. Im pretty sure it has somthing to do with the drivers because ive seen the error before and it said Video Card Driver Failure and it reboots. any suggestions?

Edited by unknown error, 07 July 2005 - 10:15 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Other than making sure the card has enough memory alotted to it, if it needs memory, and trying to reinstall the drivers from the ATI website, which provides excellent support with no strings attached. What kind of card and computer do you have? The problem may be peculiar to a particular card or machine.

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Sorry I havent repiled I went on vaccation the next day after I posted this.

Heatsink: Thermaltake SILENT BOOST For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64

Memory (2): Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

Motherboard: Abit "FATAL1TY AN8" nForce4 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU

Power Supply: Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 3800+, Socket 939, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL

Video Card: SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON X850 XT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "100106"

I got back yesterday and im getting blue screen of death quite often when I try and start it up. Usually it says MachineCheckExpection and or Dumping physical memory to disk. Ill get the error code in a sec.

Oh and this is a bit off topic but what are some good cpu stress tests so I can make sure my sys is stable after Overclocking? http://www.benchmark...ml?/be_cpu.html -- any of those good?

Edited by unknown error, 17 July 2005 - 12:57 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You overclocked a 3800+ you arent going to get much more out of the cpu unless you have some super cool cooling. If it is overclocked reset it windows becomes hairy if you push your pc to far.