Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Click to DVD Software on SONY VAIO

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
So there are servers that my PC has: Picture, Audio, and Video. When I try to copy movie from VCR to My PC using Click to DVD software, I get the following errors, one at a time at different times. I am attaching images. When this error pops up, the video server shuts down. I believe that this error is triggered by conflict software, even though the messages states that MCE is responsible. Please Help Me. :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the first one looks like a brother printer driver or service...do you have such a device?

Have you download (from sony) the updates for your hardware_?

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
We uninstalled Brother software. However, problem did not go away. And no, I did not update from SONY. I thought that Windows update takes care of all patches that is on PC. I guess not huh?

jksNP

jksNP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. Although it's been some time since the last reply to this issue, I also have recently encountered this problem with Click-to-DVD. I'm using a SONY VAIO Model PCV-RZ56G computer. When attempting to upload video from a Camcorder (S-video), GPVSvr.exe error occurs and the VAIO Media Video Server is stopped. I was very disappointed this feature no longer worked, since being able to upload video from the camcorder represented a large part of my initial reasoning for purchasing this SONY computer. If anyone has found an easy solution for this, I would appreciate knowing. I have found a work around, but it is somewhat cumbersome and not really an ideal long term solution.

The work around involves attaching a VCR to the computer and the SONY Handycam camcorder to the VCR. In this way the signal (S-video cable) from the camcorder is sent to the VCR and the signal from VCR is sent to the VAIO via a cable attached to the VAIO cable TV input. If one has a TV signal going to the computer, detach the cable and attach it to the VCR cable in, then attach another cable from the VCR cable out to the back of the computer. After doing this, turn on the VCR, set the station to channel 4 and you will then need to re-establish the TV signal to the Media Center. Click on the Media Center icon and select "Settings", then select "TV". Select "TV Signal Setup" and click yes to the message ("Changing these settings will affect any TV recording that is currently in progress or scheduled to start... Do you want to continue?"). Click Next and select appropriate TV service (for me its cable) and click Next. The following menu asks if you have a "Set-top Box?". For this I have selected Yes. Again, make sure you VCR is on. The "Prepare for Set-to Box Setup" menu asks you to turn on the box (your VCR) and I've not hooked up the IR control cable, but do have one included with the computer. Click Next and a wheel will spin and a new window should appear entitled "Choose a Work Signal". In this new window, if you have TV cable established (which you don't necessarily need) you will see the station on your PC monitor [you can change the station using your VCR station button, or alternatively if you turn on your camcorder & hit play you should see the recording – again select correct station on VCR to see camcorder – see below]. Click Next, if you've not attached the IR device it will note "Hardware Not Detected" - select Skip and Next few more times, set up the TV guide and soon the process is complete. To transmit the signal from the camcorder select it on the VCR (on my camcorder the S-video signal is selected by channel button less than 2, labeled "L").

If you now select Media Center, TV, Live TV (select channel 4 on MY TV-channel chosen earlier in setup) you should see your VCR signal. Stations can be change on the VCR and the camcorder if in play mode (select appropriate station on VCR) will transmit signal to computer. Use MY TV to record signal from the camcorder. Note that it may be erroneously named by the channel guide on MY TV as an ongoing station and program. If so, make sure to record programs long enough to capture the entire camcorder signal. Once recorded via MY TV, you can view the camcorder recording by clicking the "Recorded TV" button on MY TV. If the recording is suitable, then using Click-to-DVD select "Capture Video" and click the recorded TV button. Navigate to the recording on the server and open the file. You should now see the camcorder recording in Click-to-DVD.

Not exactly an easy solution/remedy. However it does work, and has allowed me to upload & burn to DVD precious Hi8 camcorder videos of my children.

jksNP

jksNP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
SONY's support web page has an Update Utility for dealing with a Click-to-DVD problem on the VAIO. The link to this page is SONY Click-to-DVD Update Utility. I've tried this on my VIAO RZ56G, but it didn't resolve the issue with Click-to-DVD not recognizing my camcorder. Be that as it may, perhaps this solution/Update Utility may help you. They indicate the following & suggest updating Windows XP Media Center to Windows XP SP2 has caused the conflict with the Click-to-DVD software:

This utility installs an updated version of Click to DVD™ software version 1.4.04 and resolves the following issues:

With Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 installed, Click to DVD software does not recognize a connected camcorder.
Movies longer than 8 hours cannot be imported.
When creating a DVD with MPEG1 movies an insufficient hard disk space error occurs, even when there is enough space on the hard disk.
Click to DVD software cannot capture automatically from certain camcorders (DCR-HC30/40).
When free hard disk space is between 6 GB and 10 GB, Click to DVD Automatic Mode fails to create a DVD.
When free hard disk space is between 10 GB and 15 GB, Click to DVD Automatic Mode creates an unplayable DVD.
Click to DVD software cannot be started from Microsoft Media Center.

resolvent

resolvent

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello. Although it's been some time since the last reply to this issue, I also have recently encountered this problem with Click-to-DVD. I'm using a SONY VAIO Model PCV-RZ56G computer. When attempting to upload video from a Camcorder (S-video), GPVSvr.exe error occurs and the VAIO Media Video Server is stopped. I was very disappointed this feature no longer worked, since being able to upload video from the camcorder represented a large part of my initial reasoning for purchasing this SONY computer. If anyone has found an easy solution for this, I would appreciate knowing. I have found a work around, but it is somewhat cumbersome and not really an ideal long term solution.

Thank you for your help! I have a SONY VAIO Model PCV-RZ56G computer, too, with Sony Click-to-DVD and it is giving me the same GPVSvr.exe error. I bought my computer in 2004. My tech support warranty ran out 2 years ago. I was reluctant to spend $40 on tech support, but I may have to. Instead, I spent $30 on Uniblue Registry cleaning, thinking that that might solve the problem. It did not, but at least it cleaned up over 712 registry errors.

My OS is Windows XP Media Center edition. My friend successfully captured the video from my camcorder onto her VAIO laptop with Click 2 dvd somehow. I did not witness her doing it. Her computer is from 2007. I do not know how she did, because her laptop does not have an S-video input nor RCA jacks, like mine has. She has lots of USBs, as does mine, but my camcorder - also a Sony - has only S-video and RCA jack outputs.