Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cpu/mobo question

• Please log in to reply

GovtCheese

GovtCheese

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I've recently thought about doing an upgrade or two to my rig, and have recently found an Athlon XP 2400 cpu to start the ball rolling. I was looking around on newegg for socket a motherboards, and was wondering how I could determine what speeds of processors will work in the board? I didn't notice anything that stood out to me, so I figure it's there but I just don't know it...

Could anyone help me out with this?

Advertisements

estople

estople

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
The CPU you've got runs @ 2.0 GHz, but the number you should be worried about the fir Front Side Bus (FSB). The 2400 runs @ 266 MHz, and any mobo you pick must support this speed.

Ya gotta love the price on this one: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813185010
:tazz:

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
You could get an AMD 64 3000+ bundled in with a mobo at tigerdirect for only 159.99 after rebate!

http://www.tigerdire...1226607&CatId=0

miller4life

miller4life

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a MSI k7n2 delta 2 and it will support up to a Amd 3200 cpu.

Edited by miller4life, 13 July 2005 - 07:19 PM.