Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't 'Save As" to disk in cd/Rom drive

• Please log in to reply

Naida Green

Naida Green

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I try to do a "save as" of any document to a disk in my cd/rom drive (F) I get a message that says "Save As" not responding. Then a error block comes up that says, "The selected disk drive is not in use. Check to make sure a disk is inserted." I can hear the drive working, but it doen't save the file to the disk. If I put the disk in the top drive (E) which is my dvd writter / cd writter combo I get a message that I don't have access to this drive.

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Don't do it that way, Just go to the CD drive Via my computer.

And use the CD writting options (on the left), and follow the wizard...

-Zac

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
do you have a CDRW drive? you will get an error while writing to a drive that doesn't support to writing into CD's.
You can't do "Save As" into CD's, you will need to burn the data instead of saving it into the media.
So you will need to save data inot your hard disk first then burn it using Nero or Roxio or whatever is available to you to CD's.