Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows product activation error

• Please log in to reply

kass

kass

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have downloaded a couple of programs, and for some reason I can't get rid of one of them. So I tried to do a restart. Then the welcome screen came on with a message "A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code 0x80090019."

I clicked ok, and it brought me to my desktop with only my wallpaper, no icons, no nothing. After a couple of seconds, it brought me back to the welcome screen with my name on it for logging in. I clicked to log in, it loaded my personal settings, then the same message came on. I clicked ok again, then it logged me off in the welcome screen. I tried to relogin, but same things happened again and again. I don't know what to do.

Somebody pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee help!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Oy.

Kass, I sure hope you have a windows xp cd....the only way you can fix that is to run a windows repair that I can think of.

Maybe I am missing something....what did you download and how were you trying to get rid of it?

kass

kass

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I sure do have the xp cd. I know what you meant, and I have reinstalled Windows. I now got all my stuff backed up. And I have done a full format of my HDD. Everything is fine now. Phew! Thanks for your help anyway. ((Hugs))