Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help me im goin B a n a n a s

• Please log in to reply

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

[bleep] it

View Post

The language won't help.. If you are attempting to install a version of XP that is already in use or a pirated copy, then your support ends here as the first won't work and the second is illegal..

Murray

Advertisements

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
yes he is

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
sorry im just mad at this guy that tottaly destoyed my computer

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

this dude charge me 50 bucks to install windowds xp professional when i told him to install windows xp home

View Post

Then I suggest you advise this person that, if they don't give you back your money, you will report them for software piracy..

Microsoft has been known to give out a leitimate copy to those reporting a pirated install on their system by another!!

Murray

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
can i just take it to a computer shop could they do it and with that guy im goin to reprt hes [bleep] or give me my money back

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

yes he is

View Post

Then, I am afraid this thread ends here until you get a legitimate version of XP or another legal version of Windows..

Murray

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
im tryong to install this because i get some error on my comtputer that read problem with the generic host 32

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

can i just take it to a computer shop could they do it and with that guy im goin to reprt hes [bleep] or give me my money back

View Post

They could but not with any XP cd you have in your possession.. You will need to purchase your own!!

Murray

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

im tryong to install this because i get some error on my comtputer that read problem with the generic host 32

View Post

I know and I have already advised the person helping you that you were using a pirated version of XP.. Will now advise her that both your copies of XP are not kosher!!

Murray

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i am register to windowd xp home edition

Advertisements

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i just dont have the cd

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You can register anything.. if your father activated it and is still using it, then you could have lied to Microsoft about it being a new install and got it activated.. Still makes it illegal..

Where is the cd??

BTW.. it isn't the cd that makes it legal, it is a legitimate Key Code that makes it legal!!

Murray

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
dude i have the stiker that says i have windows xp home edition on the side of my hd computer i took the computer to the computer shop to get some stuff fixs and the guy installed windows profesional.

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
when i got the computer they did not give me the cd

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Then, have them try that Key Code.. don't bet on it working though.. Your best bet is to go back to where you purchased the system from and get the proper cd..

Murray