Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i can only start windows in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

fernando314

fernando314

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This is what i posted before on the wrong forum(well, not wrong, but not the one about.....well you get it)

"God, i need some help, since like a week ago, i got this red circle with a white "x" in it on the system tray icon, and since that, i started to get a lot of popups(cant remember the website right now, something like sportinggoods and it stuck as my homepage. Also i keep getting an icon on the desktop named temp532.exe, and i keep erasing it and it keeps coming up. Also another airplane icon that says "air tickets" or something, and on the add/remove programs, the only weird thing i got said "The ABI networks bla bla bla part of the revenue bla bla", and when i tried to uninstall it, i get this popup. And yesterday, when i turned on my pc, after the VMI pool screen, i got a blank screen(no image on my monitor) and it gets stuck in there, i can start my computer in safe mode, but not in the normal mode. I really need some help, cuz that's the computer i use for college and i really need it... "

the problem is that i cant connect to internet in safe mode, nor use my mouse(USB mouse) or do anything productive. The only way is trying to do this stuff from a cd...i dunno if i can install this stuff in dafe mode...well im gonna try to do run the anty-malware programs from a cd, if it doesnt work, ill come back

Advertisements