Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ms-Dos for Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

St0rm

St0rm

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Anyone know how to play Dos games on Windows XP? XP doesn't support ms-dos anymore and the command prompt is a fake version of it. Perhaps there's some program that converts the games or sets up a mini program like dos?

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
use a program called, dosbox

St0rm

St0rm

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
tried it on 5-6 different games. Some it sorta opened but all i saw was a black screen with like two words. Also the mount they tell you to do doesn't work. c c:\dosprog will give you the message "directory does not exist" but I managed to get by on "mount c c:\"

It's a bit complicated so if you could explain how to use it, that'd be great. Or if anyone has another program I'd appreciate that too.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Okay, you have to mount it to the directory where the game .exe or .com is located. Then type the exe name, eg: xcom.exe

You should really read the manual located at: http://dosbox.source...php?show_news=1

-Zac

Edited by ratmilk, 08 July 2005 - 06:50 PM.

St0rm

St0rm

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Thanks that helped a lot :tazz: