Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mcafee vs. norton

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Well according to cnet there is no winner for this but i just want opinions. Is Norton Internet Security (Antispyware Edition) better than McAfee Security Center + McAfee Antispyware?

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Norton is better, by far.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Norton better? I'm shivvering scared. Norton is like a plague. Have you ever tried removing it from your machine? To completly remove Norton from your machine you must first download a tool from symantec, that's kind of like removing malware, right?
As far as Mcafee is concerned, what a joke.
There are far far better Security suites available, and alot of them are freeware.
Just my opinion, and I know opinions are like ........ everybody has one.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
True, but Norton is better out of those two.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
OK, I will give you that, I hate to say this but of those 2 Norton is better. I am still shivvering though. :tazz:

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Lets Just say Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 is far better than both of them panda controls Spyware , Adware , Viruses , Hackers , Trojans even Port Scans :tazz: Go for Panda if your getting an antivirus software ;)

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Go for Norton! Mcafee is a resource hog and a real pain in the butt! I paid $50.00 for mine and threw it away 6 days later!

I now use Grisoft AVG. This is even better than Norton in my opionion! :tazz:

Werner

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I don't use Norton Internet Security, but I do own a copy of their AntiVirus 2005 software and it is just about the single most wonderful anti-virus program ever. Yes, it is dreadfully expensive, and users tend to have more bad than good to say about it but - what the heck. I use Norton and I have nothing but praise for it.

As for McAfee, well. I'd comment on it but the last time I used it was years ago, back when Windows 98 was like, THE operating system of the year and anyway, malware and hackers and the like weren't such a gigantic issue then so I don't recall much about it. So I suppose I'd go for Norton. ^^

themick171

themick171

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
In my experience Norton is better. I had Norton and then switiched to McAfee after which I had continual problems. After 4 weeks I had serious spyware probs, that I couldn't fix without reinstalling. Needless to say I no longer have McAfee, now have AVG (free), Zonealarm (free), spybot, adaware and MS antispyware. Will never go near McAfee again.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
i think norton is far better it has always warned me in time to remove a virus and has loads of great xtra tools but sometimes viruses werent found by norton but by ewido security suite(freeware) which is also v. gd

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
i doint think i hav internet sec. though i think i hav systemworks

Shadow88x

Shadow88x

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
:tazz: I think norton is better then mcafee. Trend Micro is far by the best of all anti-virus and anti-spyware programs! Noron is the pain to uninstall but i guess it is ok to use. I use trend and my Computer company does as well.

Soooo many opinions, lol

Shadow88x