Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kazaa Lite

• Please log in to reply

charonana

charonana

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have been trying to uninstall Kazaa Lite thru add or remove program . After I select "remove" I get the message "unable to find the files"??? It just keeps coming back. How do I remove once and for all???

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
do it manualy, It should be in C:\program files\Kazaa Lite
Then delete the kazaa lite registry keys, Start > run > regedit

Make sure you know what you are doing in the registry...

Zac

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Hi charonana.

Don't use the built-in Add or Remove Programs utility that comes with Windows - try a separate one instead. I'd recommend Your Uninstaller 2004 for this purpose, to remove any stubborn components of Kazaa Lite that might be interfering with the uninstalling process.

Another program you might want to try out would be KillBox, a very handly piece of software that effectively 'kills' off annoying files that just refuse to be deleted, hence the name.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Did You Know That You Get viruses off Kazzaa and i heard it took 6 Hours to uninstall so i dont know if thats true :tazz:

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hello there! ;)

Well, technically Kazaa is considered as spyware and can be removed by any Anti Spyware program that detects it.

If that doesn't work try going into C:/Program Files/Kazaa Lite and deleting the foder.

Good Luck!

:tazz:

Werner

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Its kazaa lite, not kazaa, kazaa lite has no spyware (the ad service dll with kazaa has been modified)

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Kazaa is just crap but I don't know about lite.
It's not from the same company which develops Kazaa either.
It shouldn't be a problem to uninstall as it shouldn't have spyware at-all.

- Rawe :tazz:

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
The Kazaa lite project got crushed when the company who make kazaa found out, and they tried to make kazaa software not freeware (spyware).

Zac

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
The bottom line is: KAZAA is crap! ;)

You get tons of spyware just downloading from the kazaa network, limewire is much better, and, malware free! :tazz:

werner

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Kazaa, the original, malware-bundled software, is absolute garbage. It does let you acquire the free files you want, to an extent, but nothing can justify the fact that it totally conks up the system. Once installed, various spyware-ish behavior is promptly unleashed on the user's computer, and all those titchy malware components that the Kazaa user license somehow fails to mention about start on a wild rampage on the system and - to make long story short, pretty much annihilate the whole PC.

Kazaa Lite is known to be malware-free, but it is considered to be the 'illegal' version of Kazaa because it is, in reality, simply a copy of Kazaa, patched over to rid it of all those icky malware thingies and the like, repair bugs and other errors, et cetera. But, really, malware or no malware, Kazaa Lite is, to put it bluntly, basically an illegal version of an already illegal program - definitely not good news, I say.

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Cassykins

Technically Kazaa lite or any other version of Kazaa is not illegal. It's a shareware program which lets users share their files to the world.

I don't beleive if you offer your files to the world it's illegal.... ? :tazz:

Werner

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
It depends on what you're sharing.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
:tazz: i got Limewire Pro and thats good turb charged download speeds ;)

charonana

charonana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you all for the fast response to my dilemma. The advice to us " uninstaller 2004 " did the job. Thank you all.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts

;) i got Limewire Pro and thats good turb charged download speeds ;)

View Post

You probably have a nice collection of malware too :tazz:

UKBiker