Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ANNOYING GRAPHICS ISSUES

• Please log in to reply

Ridikulu$$

Ridikulu$$

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HEY if anyone can help me out at all i would be most grateful. Basically have had my pc for bout 6 months now, a couple of months ago i started to experience some odd graphics issues which i have never seen happen before and none of my more pc literate mates can explain.
The problem is that no matter what resolution i set in games, my card (MSI Nvidia nx 6600 GT) or perhaps a diff piece of hardware always gives me loads of pixelation and roughness, it really is infuriating. i have no idea what it could be, i have tried using the latest drivers from nvidia as well as the detonator ones but no luck. i took the whole pc back to the shop i got it from, which was a mission btw, and they didnt really help at all, although one of the better assistants suggested it might be due to my monitor which is a CMV lcd, he said something about LCD screens having a native resolution or something like that......???

I really need some help with this problem which im sure can be sorted with the right knowledge as it is not a problem i experienced from the time i first got the pc, i have recently formatted and found that the graphics were fine when running off the motherboards onboard graphics but as soon as i installed the graphics card the problems arose again!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :tazz:
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated beyond belief, i shelled out a lot of my hard earned cash for my pc and am sick of getting these terrible graphics in my favourite games. Thanks in advance people!!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Did you disable the motherboards on board graphics in the bios? You need to disable that and enable the AGP graphics slot. Another thing to consider is that you need to clean the previous graphics driver each time you update or change the graphics driver. I use Driver Cleaner for that, available at http://www.drivercleaner.net/ (it is free). Make sure you have the current driver availabe. Then go to add/remove programs and delete the current video driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then reboot and install the current driver.

Ridikulu$$

Ridikulu$$

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks alot for your help with that, ill give it a try and let you know what happens, my bro came over today and said that he thought it could be the screen, he said there seemed to be some very odd patches and 'fuzzing' in different areas on the screen..........