Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:57 AM
- Please go here (Microsoft website) using Internet Explorer ( not Firefox or any other browser as they won't work)
- Click on "Windows Validation Assistant"
- Click on the "Validate Now" button.
- Be patient while the ActiveX loads, do not click on any links.
- Read the instructions on this page while it's loading. You will be prompted to install - click YES.
- Enter your product key then click "continue"
- When it says "Validation Complete" please click "Continue to return to your previous activity"
- Copy what it says and paste it here.
Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:08 AM
I have just followed the steps you said and I get an error come up.
"The windows Validation Assistant failed to run properly.
Please verifty that you are running a supported operating system, and your Internet Explorer security setting allow signed ActiveX controls to run."
Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:17 AM
In IE 6.0, you can do this from Internet Options >> Security >> Custom Level >> Download Signed ActiveX controls.
Then try again and do the same thing.
Edited by Rawe, 15 July 2005 - 04:24 AM.
Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:40 AM
I'm sorry, I'm unable to give you further assistance unless you can show me either the Service Pack upgrade or the Validation. I will leave this topic open for a short period of time though, but if no positive response will be given, I'll make sure to close this.
Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:12 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users