Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Delete Download File Placehoder on Desktop

• Please log in to reply

deannicholas

deannicholas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was downloading Intellitype software from Microsoft, with Mozilla Browser. When you start downloading, it puts a windows 3.0 icon for a placeholder till it downloads the whole program and then the icon changes. I must have interrupted the download or something, so now I have the placeholder on my desktop and it cannot be deleted, moved, unistalled, shredded, renamed etc. because it says it is in use by something. I cannot be executed either says it is not a valid Win32 app. I unistalled the intellitype and tried to delete, didnt work. Properties say that it has 0 bytes, its not Read-Only either. I went through all the steps that applied in the sticky post too, none of the shredders or unistallers would do anything to it. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dean

Advertisements