Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Write a .dll

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey guys, I have been using visual basic for a couple of years now and I still don’t know how to make a .dll, I have searched the web for tutorials and can’t find anything. I am using vb6, so I just want to know were I can find some cool tutorials or anything that can help me to create a .dll file. Also if you would please give me information on how a home made .dll file can help me. Thanks…..

Advertisements

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
open vs.net, create new project and go to solution explorer right click your project name properties and click "Output Type" option choose "class library"(dll) that`s it..
now you can write your code and it is not executable (exe) ...it is dll

note if it is windows form you have to delete the form.cs and than you do the same steps above

this is valid solition to create dll for all .net languages.

take care

Data5Levels

Data5Levels

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Did you read that they are using vb6?

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
upgrade...

WELL what is vb6` ID?
the answer is
visual studio versions....
http://msdn.microsof...tudio/previous/

BuRnEr says dont make pointless comments. And try to give solution.
Honestly i didnot see that it was about vb60006 (some times i look at the world microscobic sometimes blindly esspecially when i work till morning front of electro microcop in gen. lab. and after work my pcs become microscobic even more worst than that invisible:)
but i still believe that this solution still helps perfectly..and have you tried it?
your comment is still just empty comment isnt it?
Empty("" "Did you read that they are using vb6?" "")

if you still disagree or the solition bothers you i could request from dear administrator to delete or change the solution place. Or you can overwrite it with your solution if you have one..?

if ((st=getserverByName("whois","tcp"))==NULL){
fprintf(stderr, "%s:No whois servie for this host\n",name);
exit(1);}
have a good one:>
rsh administrator ps >...

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
In VB6.
File->New Project.
Choose ActiveX DLL.
When u Make the file it will be a dll

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ye, sure i know how to get to the .dll part but i dont know how to actually write one, that why i ask if there are any tutorials i can maybe download or something