Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i cannnot get out of 16 colour mode

• Please log in to reply

whatalegend

whatalegend

• Pip
  • 8 posts
help me please i am stuck in 16 colour mode and i hav tried changing the resolution in the display properties and alos how many colour i have but i can only select to have 2 colours or 16 colors and i cannot change the resolution slider. i hav recently installed 98 and i cannot find a driver on hte internet. i have a fujitsu lifebook L460 laptop. please help me
rob

Edited by whatalegend, 09 July 2005 - 01:56 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I don't see the L460 listed at the download section at Fujuitsu, you could try the drivers for the 440 or 470 L series and hope they work. If it comes up with a black screen reboot and hold down the F8 key and choose safe mode and go to Device Manager and delete the display adapter setting and reboot. Then try again. Hope you find them. Remember, Google is your friend. I have a little HP and I found the sound driver on someone's website, he had fixed one up for his mom and put the driver up so other people could get it.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Lol!!! Are you both blind??? I am assuming you're looking for a video driver. If you're not... then disregard my bit of humor there!

http://www.pc-ap.fuj...b_l460_440.html

makai

Edited by makai, 09 July 2005 - 09:00 PM.

whatalegend

whatalegend

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i downloaded the off the given website but i wsa unable to find any files that i could open .once i had unzipped the file it gave me lots of smaller files which the computer could not read or open and kept requesting what program i should open the files with it has lots of .dll files
thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
dont open those files...just unzip them to somewhere you know like a folder on the c drive.. then select your card in device manager and point the driver install to that folder.

whatalegend

whatalegend

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks. i seem to have got it working now thanks for you help.
rob

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
cool

02rbelk

02rbelk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im stuck on 16-colours i cant get more than that.im not really a computer expert so i dont know witch path to take next.
my system is currently running on windows ME and i was wondering if i installed windoes XP if it would solve my problems.
i really need help on this so if anyone knows what i can do please get in touch with me as soon as you can.
if you have the answer to my problem you would be my savior and could you please contact me personaly.

thanks alot guys.

Edited by 02rbelk, 21 July 2005 - 10:50 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try following the suggestions in this thread