Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics card help

• Please log in to reply

troubledgamer

troubledgamer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello... i need some help. my computer's graphic card isnt very good. i bought the sims 2 and it runs really slowly on my pc. i looked at the requirements and have found out that it is PROBABLY my graphics card.... i have a 16MB nVidia TNT2 Vanta AGP graphics card. i'm only 14 and have absolutely no idea what that means. the game calls for a 32MB card and am not sure what to do.... any suggestions?

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hello! ;)

The answer's simple really, the game needs a 32mb graphics card and you have a 16mb card.

You will need to go to a computer shop and buy a new graphics card. I recommend getting the Nvidia GeForce 4.

Any game will run on it, or... well... mos games. :tazz:

Hope this helped and good luck!

Werner

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
You could be right about your video card not being able to play the game. Please download Everest Home and post your log here. I will take a look at it for you and tell you what might need tweaking or upgrading besides your video card.

Emery

Edited by S A A B, 09 July 2005 - 03:40 AM.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Hello!  ;)

The answer's simple really, the game needs a 32mb graphics card and you have a 16mb card.

You will need to go to a computer shop and buy a new graphics card. I recommend getting the Nvidia GeForce 4.

Any game will run on it, or... well... mos games.  ;)

Hope this helped and good luck!

Werner

View Post

Don't you think a 16mb card is a little small for a big game like that? :tazz:

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Yep, the video memory isn't enough. I double checked the system requirements of Sims 2 and here it is:

http://thesims2.sims...com/systemrqts/

Let us know if your system has anything under the minimal requirements and we'll help you look for new stuff.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
The requirements tells us that you will need a GeForce 2 of higher. I recommend getting the GeForce 4. It works great with any game, since it's kinda new.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
lol a 16MB grahpics card thats what came in my windows 98 :tazz: ;) i thought 64MB cards were rubbish

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I have a 2MB video card. It came with a lcd-monitor and it still works...

Emery

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
atleast try and go For a Nvidia Geforce series there good cards i have the Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128MB and that plays sims 2 with no worries

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I agree with Nathen, the GeForce series are all great, no matter which one. :tazz:

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
But Sims 2 Does require a Geforce 6 Series to run Properly and smoothly If your going for an ATI dont bother not many of there cards have (AA)

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
there are some websites that i order computer Gizmos from have a look:

If your in the U.K: www.komputerkrazy.com

If your outside the U.K: www.newegg.com

those website do fantastic deals of whatever you need so good luck in finding your new graphics card :tazz:

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi , there are some websites that i order computer Gizmos from have a look:

If your in the U.K: www.komputerkrazy.com

If your outside the U.K: www.newegg.com

those website do fantastic deals of whatever you need so good luck in finding your new graphics card :tazz: