Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alcan D worm [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gizmops

gizmops

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Guse,

That worked. Thanks.
It seems that some of my drivers have disappeared and some programs are missing . is this normal
You said in your last mail to bóot in "safe mode"
What are the reasons for this
Can I now carry on and replace the missing programs

Once again many thanks

regards

Gizmops

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
I said "Safe Mode" because there's usually two more steps to this... but if you got back into Normal mode already, that's great.

Just reconfigure your hardware, then download and run HijackThis. Let's make sure that a virus or something didn't cause this.

As for your drivers and programs, we just overwrote your registry. That stuff is, in my opinion, normal.

Edited by Guse, 17 July 2005 - 12:32 PM.

gizmops

gizmops

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Guse,

Its great to have C running again.

Theredoes however seem to be many adjustments to make.
For example, screen resolution will not go beyond 600 x 900, only 16 colours available. VGA driver cd creates an error. adsl internet connection has gone. Had to reinstall Zone alarm to name but a few.
Below is my hijack this report for C drive

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:38:26, on 17/07/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\Telefonica\Kit ADSL USB\dslmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\MAILFR~1\mantispm.exe
C:\Installs\HijackThis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [adiras] adiras.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Consola KIT ADSL.lnk = C:\Program Files\Telefonica\Kit ADSL USB\dslmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O23 - Service: CA ISafe (CAISafe) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Looking through this report I can see the adsl in line 04 but it is gone from desktop as is internet explorer.

Regards

Gizmops

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Again, you'll most likely have to reinstall most (if not every one) of your programs. All your program information is stored in your registry, which we completely overwrote.

But, since it's now apparent that your registry was the problem, reinstallation of programs and such doesn't seem like such a bad deal.

My suggestion would be to first get your internet up and running. As SOON as you get that, update your OS to Service Pack 4. That may fix some more issues for you.

After that, it's just a matter of reinstalling things. If your Internet Explorer is missing, however, we need to work on that.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.