Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my windows xp is not detecting my ipod

• Please log in to reply

neha2712

neha2712

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey...ppl out there!!plzzzzzzz help me out..my windowsxp is not detecting my ipod connected to it... :tazz: though..it charging...n it was working very well..few days back all of a sudden it has got some problem n now its not detecting my ipod connected to usb port...
pllzzzzz help me out..its getting on my nerves now..
thanks

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey

have u installed all the software that came with it?

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Well, it's charging, so it seems that it is worknig. But since it is not detecting it (does that mean that iTunes is not detecting it?), it sounds like a driver or software problem. So it come back: how is it that it is not detecting it? You cannot see it in iTunes?

neha2712

neha2712

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey...yeah i hav installed the software that came with it...n even when i go the preferences box in the itunes it says"no ipod connected" though its very much connected...n its charging!!!
do something ppl...

YoungFresh2Def

YoungFresh2Def

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah I am having the same exact problem. Went to an Apple store, they couldn't help because on their computers it was being detected, so I dunno man, I am frustrated as [bleep]. It's not the iPod neither cause I replaced mine.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get new USB drivers, then in the device manager i think it is in select the properties for your USB device and make sure it isnt set to power down the USB ports when not in use,( a helpline techie told me this can interfere with device detection). Uninstall the itunes software and see if xp detects it without the software it should be a unkown or mass storage device. If it doesnt see it then its a windows or hardware problem; if it does see it then install itunes and it should work if not post back.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
just give the pc some time it will come up

open itunes

Erazoender

Erazoender

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem. I have an Ipod nano 2nd gen and it was working fine until 3 days ago - it charges, but windows does not detect it at ALL (no saftely remove hardware, nothing in my computer, etc.)

- HEY! I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! well, all i did was open the device manager, close it, plug my ipod when it was on hold. I doubt that it will fix yours, but give it a shot. *syncronising do not disconnect*

Edited by Erazoender, 28 September 2007 - 08:02 AM.

Erazoender

Erazoender

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Get new USB drivers, then in the device manager i think it is in select the properties for your USB device and make sure it isnt set to power down the USB ports when not in use,( a helpline techie told me this can interfere with device detection). Uninstall the itunes software and see if xp detects it without the software it should be a unkown or mass storage device. If it doesnt see it then its a windows or hardware problem; if it does see it then install itunes and it should work if not post back.

Yup, it worked. Thanks!

me-shell

me-shell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I re-installed itunes about 7 times to sort this problem out nothing worked at all. in the end all i did was restarted the ipod by turning ipod on, switching hold on and then back off then hold the menu and middle button together for about 6 seconds until the apple appears. switched it on and it detected it instantly. couldn't believe it was this simple!!! :@ hope this helps sum ppl

nessie14

nessie14

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm having sort of the same problem. I just got a new iPod a few days ago, and when I plug it into my computer, neither the computer or iTunes detects it. I've tried 3 different USB cables, and it works fine on my brother's computer. I've reinstalled iTunes, and I've restarted my computer and reset my iPod numerous times. The iPod charges, but without any indication of it on its screen. I think maybe 2 or 3 times the iPod screen said it was connected to the computer, but iTunes still wasn't detecting it. Please help! I would really like to use my new iPod!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: nessie14

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic that is especially over a year old it will will be highly doubtful you will get any help. everyone will think you are just commenting on a old thread.
Thank you for your cooperation.

chris Benjamin

chris Benjamin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey friends if you are unable to transfer,backup your music,video,images to the pc or itunes you can use this its easy and safe

[url="http://"URL:%20<a%20href="http://ipodtoitunes.net/""%20target="_blank">http://ipodtoitunes.net/"</a>"]ipod to pc[/url]

Edited by chris Benjamin, 18 June 2010 - 11:34 PM.

Dj !v@n

Dj !v@n

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey guys plzzzzzzzz help me my ipod shuffle is not charging & as well as not getting detected by my computer i tried reinstalling the software but it did no gud so wht should i do????

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: DJ

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Please post more information as to your exact issue in your topic. Include any error messages you get as well as your system specs. This will help us to assist you more efficiently.
Thank you for your cooperation.