Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winaso or regseeker killed my comp

• Please log in to reply

scf2510

scf2510

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
ok, I had windows ME and Upgraded to XP some years back. Today I tried using both regseeker and winaso because my comps been running slow and I thought it might speed things up a bit. Well I was wrong. Now my comp is stuck in the whole XP look, Microsoft Office needs to be re-installed (which I don't have the disk anymore) and my computer is running slower than it was. I went to load the backups made inside these programs and the ones from Winaso said the reloaded but the regseeker program says cannot import "error accessing the registry". Then of course when I went to system restore that was turned off (probably had it off to remove a virus and forgot to turn it back on). I have no clue of what to do to get my comp back to normal other than just reformatting the [bleep] thing. Anyone have an idea how I can get my comp back to normal?

p.s. I have hijack this so if you need to see a log from that i can produce in another reply

thanks

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hello, welcome to g2g.

If you suspect malware on your system please post a Hijack This logfile in the Malware forum.

Good luck :tazz:

Werner

scf2510

scf2510

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Don't worry about my problem w/ my comp. I'm just gonna reformat, both those programs had found over 1,000 items and anything I want to save (that I still have) I can just put it on my other hard drive. thanks anyways though

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
No problem, good luck!

:tazz: