Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.wmv file wont allow me to delete it

• Please log in to reply

Jaybird743

Jaybird743

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently downloaded a short basketball clip i wanted to watch and now i can't delete it and i suspect it is making my computer have all these errors that i previously never had. it is a .wmv file called bballre~1.wmv
no matter what i try i cannot delete the file, i have tried every backdoor form to go around it even trying to delete the bigger folder it is in and it still does not work
please help

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks 2 Go!

Thanks for posting on the forums!

The problem may be related to malware on your system. I recommend downloading Hijack This and then going here!

The people on this forum are qualified to deal with any malware file and will explain to you what is wrong with your computer.

If you do not suspect any malware entries on your system then please wait for a staff member or a computer tech to come by and solve your problem. :tazz:

Good luck!

Werner

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Try downloading Killbox Here - have it delete on reboot.

Jaybird743

Jaybird743

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you so far these have been good suggestions but none of them have worked, im not sure what to do with the hijackthis program log that comes up and killbox was unable to delete the file so i am in need of more suggestions?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

i have tried every backdoor form to go around it even trying to delete the bigger folder it is in and it still does not work
please help

View Post

Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Did you try booting into Safe Mode and dumping the file that way??

Murray

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

im not sure what to do with the hijackthis program log that comes up

View Post

Simple, once you save your log, please go here and post the log in a thread so that an expert can have a look at it!

Good Luck! :tazz: