Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer problem

• Please log in to reply

marza

marza

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, wanted to get any input on my porblem, with out having to reformat xp.

My daughter has a dell laptop d600, it is wireless and was an education program though her school
When she came home from school, I changed to cable so she could be wirless at home and downloaded the cd the cable company gave us.
Didnt load the secruity though the cable company since I beleive she had a shield through school, and thought that would be enough.
shortly after we were on the internet wtih the cable com,she started receiveing alot of pop ups so ran her adware program, wow alot of adware and malware!
Anyway, one morning we went to boot up and she only got her wallpaper no icons.
Had a freind that knows somewhat about pc's, we tried many things , couldnt really even reboot in safe mode, and my explorer was running at 100 cpu.
Also called Dell , we also tried some things , and he recommened we go somewhere and have her hard drive saved, and than reformatting xp , they would walk me through it, he thought it probably was a virus. ugh, tried running in safe mode and running the virus sheild but no luck and cannot get on the internet.
Any ideas? thanks

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Greetings! :tazz:

Geeks To Go has a special Malware forum where experts assist you 24 hours a day. These people are qualified pro's and if you suspect any viruses or malware on your system I recommend going there now!

It is necassary to check if the system can be saved before reformatting the whole machine! ;)

To go to the malware forums and state your problem, please click HERE!