Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program to download web pages

• Please log in to reply

gilazilla

gilazilla

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hi, anyone knows of an program to download all the web pages in a site just by using a program. I mean i dunno wan to click and save every web pages , the press back and and click again another link to a web page in the site and doing the process again and again,

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you want to save a complete web page IE6 will do it. Just go to File and choose Save As and take the option Complete Web Page. All the files will be placed in a folder and the links on the page will be renamed, but the page will work the same as the one on the web. If you want to duplicate a website in your computer and know how websites are constructed you can do it manually, but it's quite tedious. I have done it. I don't know if there is any application that will do it for you.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
http://www.google.co...ges&btnG=Search

Google is your friend.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Greetings! :tazz:

Internet Explorer will do it for you. Try this.

1. Click on Favorites.
2. Add the page you want.
3. Check "Make available offline"

It will synchronise the page so that the whole thing works.

gilazilla

gilazilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hmm....i guess i need to use commercial software.

Quote:

"Internet Explorer will do it for you. Try this.

1. Click on Favorites.
2. Add the page you want.
3. Check "Make available offline"

It will synchronise the page so that the whole thing works."

i think i did not state clearly enough. I mean i want to download whole webpages in a website to my hard drive. Even when i click a link while offline it still can direct it to the "clicked" webpage. I dun want to click and add all the pages manually. Can Firefox or IE do it? or i need software like Anloer or Surfoffline as recommended by phybyr0ptyk.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It will synchronise the page so that the whole thing works."
i think i did not state clearly enough. I mean i want to download whole webpages in a website to my hard drive. Even when i click a link while offline it still can direct it to the "clicked" webpage. I dun want to click and add all the pages manually. Can Firefox or IE do it? or i need software like Anloer or Surfoffline as recommended by phybyr0ptyk.

View Post

[/quote]

The problem there is in the way the links are made in the page. If you're downloading the page for direct linking to the site in your 'puter you have to make all the links "absolute", whereas most websites use "relative" linking. Also, many websites don't allow "hotlinking" so they won't work for you no matter what you do. It's easy enough to use the replace function in Notepad to make the links absolute, but you'll be lucky if they allow hotlinking.