Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

share dsl to dial up user by vpn

• Please log in to reply

wazburn

wazburn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
does anyone know how to share dsl/cable to dial up users?? by VPN or any softwares that supports to share internet connection to dial up users.

scenario:

I have a computer at "home 1" with dsl connection(which is always running) and it has dial up modem(which is always ready to recieve incoming call), at "home 2" I have computer with only a dial up modem.

at home 1 I set up the computer to recieve incoming call via VPN to dial up modem so that when I go back to home 2 I will just dial a connection to home 1 and somehow share its dsl connection.

PROBLEM is I CAN CONNECT to "home 1" from "home 2" by dial up VPN, BUT I cannot access the internet from home 2 which is the plan.

is there anyway i can share the dsl connection from home 1 (the vpn server) to home 2 (dial up client), please help

Edited by wazburn, 09 July 2005 - 01:01 PM.

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Even if you could do this, which im pretty sure is not possible you would still only get dial up speeds at the 2nd pc.

Dr Superb

Dr Superb

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
There is no way to have the comptuer use the DSL speed when it is still connected to the modem. However, if you go into the VPN properties under Network> TCP/IP, Advanced, you can uncheck 'use gateway on remote network', this should allow you to browse the internet again. (If you are using the VPN from windows XP)

Edited by Dr Superb, 12 July 2005 - 11:04 AM.

wazburn

wazburn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
scenario:

I have a computer at "home 1" with dsl connection(which is always running) and it has dial up modem(which is always ready to recieve incoming call), at "home 2" I have computer with only a dial up modem.

at home 1 I set up the computer to recieve incoming call via VPN FROM dial up modem clients so that when I go back to home 2 I will just dial a connection using dial up modem to home 1 and somehow share its dsl connection,but i cannot get a connection to the internet from home 2.

I tried connecting to home 1 thru vpn dial up modem,and yes im connected perfectly but the problem is I do not have internet connection from its internet connection sharing, I tried disabling the vpn settings for use default gateway.