Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E mail, Ad Aware and Spybot won't update

• Please log in to reply

dave423

dave423

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
With help from therock247uk I have managed to remove a trojan from my e-machine, running Windows XP home, but one of the problems it didn't solve was that my e-mail will not update. I can't get Ad Aware to update, although I can get the updates manually, and Spybot won't connect. Even my F-Secure anti-virus, recommended by my cable provider seems to have been disabled. I can't get it to perform a manual scan, or review the scan logs. I was planning to replace the anti-virus anyway, so it's no great loss, but I do miss my e-mail. Anyone have an idea about what I can to do fix this? All help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...Dave 423.

Advertisements

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I would advise a house call. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
This is a link to an online virus scan.
What your describing sounds a lot like a virus.

dave423

dave423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
dear logan312, and everyone else here.
Thanks for your help. As it turns out, I think it was my anti virus program, (F-secure) that was out of whack and blocking all my updates. I removed it and downloaded the virus protection from AVG. everything works perfectly now. Thanks again. I will try the housecall, but I think you can call this resolved.