Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

We got the sound to work.. here's what we did!

• Please log in to reply

SadiGirl75

SadiGirl75

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:help: :yeah: :yeah:

Ok.. when i posted earlier about my sound problems with XP Pro from the ME update, I didnt realize the answer would be so easy.

It wasnt the sound card.
It wasnt the drivers.
It had nothing to do with Windows at all.

It was GATEWAY! :help:

We bought this comp from a Gateway store in 2001. This year we finally decided to upgrade everything for DSL and XP Pro... but the [bleep] sound wouldnt work. I thought maybe it was the Boston acoustic speakers that came with the system. Would they only be able to recgonize ME? Was there an update for them? No.. they are simply output, no drivers involved.

What needed to be done was a download from the Gateway site at the urging of Boston acoustics site. We saw something about the original sound card we had, and what needed to be done for XP compatibility. It was strictly a numeric download
- 7512042. Its an .exe file. A simple restart and WHAMMO.. we got sound!!

Those of you who have similiar problems, go to your original manufactures site and check for updates... cause thats all it was!

:tazz: ;) ;) :help:

Advertisements