Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

make pictures smaller for e-mail

• Please log in to reply

WDD

WDD

• Pip
  • 7 posts
In the recent past I could go to my images folder, click on a picture, click on "e-mail this file" and I would get a dialog box where I could click on "make all my pictures smaller". Now , after I click on a picture and click on "e-mail this file", I get an e-mail new message box and it states that the file is attached to the e-mail. Unfortunately, when I send the e-mail with attached picture, the picture is HUGE. This happens whether I select a picture from "My Pictures" or my Nikon Images folder. Anybody know how I can get the feature back that will allow me to make pictures smaller for e-mail??? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

WDD

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start > Run, type
regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
enter

reboot

work now?

WDD

WDD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No. Tells me "load library failed - the specified module could not be found. Thanks.
WDD

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try

Start > Run, type
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll
enter

WDD

WDD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just ran a search for regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. Not there.

WDD

WDD

WDD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Incredible!!! It worked! A million thanks.

WDD

daleman

daleman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My problem is similar to WDD. My problem: Loss of "thumbnails" and unable to launch Windows Picture and fax viewer". All used to be fine but recently, when trying to launch I get a message that "c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll" cannot be found. But it is there!!
I tried the suggestions of typing "regsvr32 (and .exe) shimgvw.dll" as a run command but keep getting the message "Load library failed - the specified module could not be found".
WDD seemed to get the same answers but then - from "its failed again" suddenly "It works!" Please, what happened in those 4 minutes because it isn't working for me?!