Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New support option

• Please log in to reply

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
It would be great to see some PC to PC voip software used on this site to help TS. Working in a call center I know that somethings just cant be done without speaking with someone. This would be a great new feature .

You could have it so someone clicks on a link and it connects them to someone using skype , Or a place that shows all skype techs that are online and available for calls for support.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Skype is becoming more mainstream, but is still just a tiny percentage of all computer users. However, it is an interesting idea I hadn't yet considered. I'd be interested to know what type of feedback you get from your sig.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I will def let you know what kind of feed back i get.

There is a setting you can get for message boards that has a button added to your user in a post such as the ON CARD PM buttons for SKYPE ME so if you have skype installed and click it it will call that user. It also shows if the user you want to skype is currently online.

Ctrl_Alt_Del

Ctrl_Alt_Del

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
In conjunction with VOIP it would be great if you could get people to install MyWebEx PC. Then you could explain to them what you were doing as you cleaned up their PC while they watched.

WebExPC :tazz:

cnmsales

cnmsales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I like the idea, however I would look into using something such as ultra VNC, or tight vnc for this.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There are many advantages to a forum over either voice or directly connecting. Others users benefit from answers supplied, both people don't have to be online at the same time, and multiple people can be helped at once. Voice and direct connections are probably best left to pay services.