Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a nice 128 MB or larger PCI video card

• Please log in to reply

rocker_topper

rocker_topper

• Pip
  • 2 posts
im looking for a nice 128 MB PCI or larger video card. Im trying to run the new graphics for a gmae i play online and the Nvidia geforce 4 MX 440 just isnt cutting it anymore. Anyone got any suggestions? im in the price range of about $150. Any help would be appriciated. thank you :tazz:

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi and Welcome to Geeks To Go , For good PCI cards lets just say Nvidia are best cards and i will give you a link to some good websites these are where i get my PC software from

If your in the UK : www.komputerkrazy.com

If your in USA ( $ ) then : www.newegg.com

just copy and paste them into your Address bar

...Nathen

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Given your circumstances, about the best you're going to do is a geforce fx5500, which is at least a dx9 card

Here's the only one I can still find in production

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814133134

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Don't you like how they stiff those without an AGP card? The eVGA FX5500 AGP 256MB with DVI is only 66. But what about PCI express - I guess if your mobo can support it):

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130225

Not a bad price compared to some other ones - and DVI if you want.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
pci express is not the same thing as pci, it is actually the replacement for agp

rocker_topper

rocker_topper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I have been researching and ive found that Nvidia has a nice Geforce FX card out thats 128 MB i think its the 5500 series. but im not posotive that my computer is compatible with it can anyone help me out with this issue before i go in blind ly buying it? As of now i have an Nvidia geforce 4 MX 440 PCI version video card would this other card be compatible with my computer as well?

Edited by rocker_topper, 10 July 2005 - 10:58 PM.