Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 Recurrent Appointments & Time Zones

• Please log in to reply

freben

freben

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I've been trying to find a way round this problem for a while now, but with no success. I spend significant amounts of time in different time zones, which leads to a real headache every time I switch the system time zone, as all my recurrent outlook appointments then become multi-day events, depending on which time zone I was in when I first set the appointment. This is esp. annoying for birthdays, which Outlook helpfully sets automatically when the info is entered into the Contact information but not-so-helpfully treats like a regular all-day appointment. So far the only ways round this (and this is according to Microsoft's own online Outlook assistance) are to do one of the following (and I quote):

-Use the additional time zone feature in Outlook to display the local time zone and do not change the operating system time zone.
-Correct each all-day event for the current time zone setting.
-Change the time zone back to the one used when the items were created.

None of these are particularly useful, simple, or elegant suggestions. Surely there must be another way round this? I would try writing a macro that at least does all the resetting for me, but have no VB experience. Suggestions anyone?

Advertisements