Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply

Pryce

Pryce

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have noticed when I am using FF I get warnings via Nortan re active x downloads.These downloads are all from really bizzare webpages that I have never visited.I dumped IE6 because of the inherient security issues.Whats up with FF?I totally cleaned my sys a couple of days ago could I still have some sorta crap that I missed?Thanks in advance-----Lp :tazz:

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I would think its a good thing that your Nortons is now picking up stuff it didnt before when using IE.

Pryce

Pryce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yeah I have the internet access control on the firewall turned up to maximum setting. We never had any real issues with security and malware as I have always used a quality firewall and antivirus software,maintained updates ect. Wife visited a rouge site and we got killed!!I was burnt out out with cleaning the registry/manual deletions----the Ewido software took care of it.I cannot say enough good things about its preformance. Lp :tazz: