Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

user interface failure

• Please log in to reply

rslisten

rslisten

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When i boot up computer i receive error message that USER Interface Failure: The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load.

What do I do??

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836683

rslisten

rslisten

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for response.

i did part one, but nothing occured after i pressed enter to "select Last Known Good Configuration".

Not sure how to do part 2.

Part 2: Manually install the MS04-003 security update
To obtain and install the security update, follow these steps:1. Download the MS04-003 security update, and then save it on your computer. For additional information about how to download this update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
832483 MS04-003: Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code execution

2. Install the MS04-003 security update by running the installation package with the /T: command-line switch. This switch permits you to specify an unencrypted location for the installer to extract the package contents to. For example, to install the English-language version of the MS04-003 security update for Intel-x86-based computers, and to extract the files to the C:\alternate_temp folder, type the following at the command prompt:
file_path\ENU_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE /T:C:\alternate_temp