Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Connection was refused"

• Please log in to reply

acsealark

acsealark

• Pip
  • 4 posts
For Yahoo Messenger, when attempting to install using "msgr6suite.exe", error message 26 says "Could not communicate to the network server" and error message: "...GLF680.temp could not be opened"

For MSN Messenger, when trying to connect, (It has worked for the past year or so), error #80072efd, connection was refused......and I'm unable to sign on.

When trying to reinstalled Netscape 7.2, "problem with network connection".....however system is still connected to internet and works on other locations.

When trying to sign on to "www.express-scripts.com", get message: "Could not communite to the network server."

Using Windows XP and Netscape 7.2.....above problems also occur when using MS Internet Explorer.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
how are you connected to the internet? are you going through a router? or through home network? what is your setup?

acsealark

acsealark

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for replying Samiko. I am connected to the internet via a cable modem and average 2.600 mbps bandwidth speed. According to my ISP, my network connection is perfect. I have tried both a router, wireless network, hardwired and direct to the modem and see no improvement. I can connect to most URLs but MSN Messenger sign-on (and other sign-ons) no longer work. I can go to the "Hotmail" home page but unable to send email to their support staff (connection refused). I have tried to reinstall Netscape 7.2 but get a message that the network connection is bad. I suspect problems with the Netscape browser but the Internet Explorer works no better. I have run Windows "repair" with no improvement.

Thank you for your assistance.

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
are you running a firewall on your system? what protection software do you have installed on your system?

I am sure its a simple thing as long as you are able to browse the internet, then it is a setting within your system. :tazz:

acsealark

acsealark

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Norton Anti-virus and Norton Firewall (not inabled).

"Simple" you say? Simple for a Geek but complex for me. I have no idea what to change or do. I am now unable to access: msn.com OR Microsoft.com.......get message stating that "cannot find server". Internet connection remains to be strong.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

acsealark

acsealark

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Problem has been resolved..........just blind luck.........I removed "Norton Internet Security" and on reboot system returned to normal..........thanks for the help.

I don't know how to mark this "resolved".......