Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problem opening new windows

• Please log in to reply

saucyf

saucyf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a huge problem that I need help with. Recently, my computer stopped opening new IE windows. Whenever I click a link, a new window will pop up but it will be blank(nothing in the address window). I can copy most links and paste then open but it doesn't always work. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Sounds like you may have some missing/corrupted files. If you have your disk you might try repair. However this problem is often caused by malware so you would be wise to go to that forum and run their tests.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start> run, type: (Press Enter after each command)

Regsvr32 /i URLMON.DLL
Regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll
Regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
Regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

restart windows

saucyf

saucyf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
gerryf, thanks. I tried what you said and it worked great!!! Again, thanks for your help.

saucyf