Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

guild wars requirments

• Please log in to reply

tigersvain

tigersvain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi, i'm about to buy guild wars, but i was wonderin if my processor is fast enuff, i got a intel celeron 1ghz, and it says it requires a pentium 3 800mhz, i heard that a pentium 3 can over power a celeron, so i'm just curious to what others have to say?? thnks a bunch

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
What are your other specs. You need a decent videocard

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi i can tell you the specs for the game : General
Game Genre: Role Playing Games (RPG)
Detailed Specifications
ESRB Rating: T (Teen)
License Type: Full Product
Media Format: CD-ROM
Max License Size: 1 user(s)
Min License Size: 1 user(s)
Network Compatible: Yes
Required Disk Space: 500 MB
Required Memory: 256 MB
Required Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 SE, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Required Processor Class: Intel Pentium III Processor
Required Processor Speed: 800 MHz
Required Video Memory: 32 MB
Recommended Memory: 512 MB
Recommended Processor Speed: 1 GHz
Recommended Video Memory: 64 MB

tigersvain

tigersvain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i know the requirements for guild wars, what i wanna know is if my processor is fast enuff, i have everything else, 256mb ram, 128mb vid card, and all that stuff, i'm just worried my processor is to slow since i heard celerons are alot slower then pentiums, intel celeron 1ghz vs pentium 3 800mhz, with the celeron think it will still work?

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Dude more than likely you can run it but it will be glitchy. I run the game with a P4 2.4 with 1GB of RAM and it can be glitchy but Im sure if you have more than 256mb of ram and are running a high speed connection then you will be alright. Guild Wars does the constant streaming thing so when you get the updates during the game it will slow it down and that is really the only time it glitchs for me so i am pretty sure you can run it and it will be alright but i DO recommend updating your system. If you want to do anything just get a mobo and processor and maybe some ram and you could run it great. Hope that helps